Success in the 21st century is about leveraging technology in school, at work, at home, in communications, and in almost every area of our lives. Today’s technologies have the power to change our lives and open doors. All Americans must take proactive steps, to build a technology path to create a much fuller, healthier, and happier life. The NCNW Tampa Technology Team will focus and communicate on the importance of technology in our everyday lives, as well as the opportunities it will present for the future.
NCNW Tampa Technology Goals:
- Encourage and promote young girls into the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Educate our youth on 21st Century job skills and jobs of the future to prepare them to compete in a global society.
- Increase the awareness of technology in our community.
- Promote the use of Web 2.0 technologies and emerging tools.
- Highlight positive role models and celebrate leaders in the field of technology.
- Focus on the importance of technology in our everyday lives, as well as the opportunities it presents for the future.
- Recognize the range of resources available locally, nationally, and throughout the industry.
1. Protecting our children while preserving the First Amendment
2. Preparing our children for the 21st Century economy
3. Preparing adults for a changing economy.
NCNW Tampa Metro Section Technology Team Accomplishments:
- Reviewed and aligned NCNW Tampa technology goals with Obama-Biden Technology Agenda
- Completed strategic technology plan and strategy for NCNW Tampa Metropolitan Section
- Established the NCNW - Tampa Technology & Internet Team
- Developed and launched Tampa Chapter Website
- Implemented video e-mail technology and video public service announcements (PSA’s)
- Received 8 desktop DELL computers from Springfield College to use for the youth and other training programs.
- Raised in-kind donations from corporations, local businesses and individuals, to support the Tampa technology initiative.
- Implemented and added teleconference call-in number to:
- Provide convenient method to conduct business
- Allow meetings to be scheduled as the need occurs
- Lessen the need to travel to meetings
- Save costs (time and money)
» Meet Our Technology & Internet Leader